Sustainability @Garden Party
The food choices will celebrate local and seasonal produce:
- Menu rotation to allow for seasonal produce.
- The suppliers know the provenance of 100% of their produce and try to source 50% of their supplies from within the M25.
- All meat is British and Red Tractor Assured as a minimum
- The venue is free range organic eggs and offer at least one vegan dish on the menu
- They serve a diversity of species of fish on the menus
- The venue only serves fish rated with a low-impact method of production or certified as sustainable (MSC green rated)
- Only coffee, tea, chocolate and or sugar suppliers who have transparent direct trade agreements will be supplied on-site
- All wine served will come from Three Choirs, a vineyard in Gloucestershire, to reduce carbon footprint.
- Only biodegradable and recyclable disposable plastic glasses will be used
- Food will be served on bamboo crockery and cutlery
- No plastic straws, stirrers or sachets.
- All efforts are made to minimise the use of single use plastic and glass bottles
- The venue has moved from LPG gas to electric power supply to power the marquee, lighting and lawns
- Waste products (food waste, cardboard and paper, metal, glass, wood) are recycled through a refuse carrier)